The purpose of the Women’s Ministry is for every woman to know Christ personally and be committed to extending His Kingdom in her life, home, church, community and throughout the world. The framework of the Women’s Ministry provides an opportunity for each woman to discern and exercise her gifts and abilities to the glory of God in the total work and worship of the church. The goal is that this purpose will become a reality as women are given opportunities to respond to the Gospel and to pray, study the Scriptures, fellowship and serve the Lord together. The Women’s Ministry recognizes that all ministries and activities of the church are under the authority and guidance of the session.
Our Redeemer Women’s Ministry encourages women to grow in Christ throughout the following ideas:
- Grounding our members in the faith by providing times for spiritual growth through a variety of venues.
- To help our ladies focus on growing together in our faith and becoming a stronger disciple of Christ.
- Encouraging regular times of fellowship with our sisters in Christ.
- Promoting unity and enriching the church’s ministry by serving others.
REDEEMER WOMEN’S EVENTS:
- Women’s Evening Fellowship. Once a month ladies fellowship (dates and time announced in advance). For more information contact Keisha Holland.
- Women's Bible Study. 2020 fall Bible study will be a study of the Gospel of Mark. Gaye Ledford will lead the discussion using Keri Folmar's Son of God study and commentary by Sinclair Ferguson.
- Women Mentoring our Covenant Children. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day & Christmas gift making.
- Winter Tea. A time of sweet fellowship for all ladies and daughters, granddaughters, etc. to share a cup of tea and some goodies!
- Women of Redeemer Fall Retreat. You won’t want to miss this fun weekend of fellowship. Sr. Pastor Jordan Stone will lead the weekend's discussion on the biblical teaching around the many roles women play - in their homes, their church and the community. This will be a great time for women to "get real" in admitting life can sometimes be very hard and we need the support of our sisters in Christ! Cost will be $30 per person and will include Friday dinner, Saturday continental breakfast and lunch, AND a mosaics workshop to end the weekend! This year the retreat will take place at Redeemer October 16th and 17th. Sign ups will take place in the Narthex before and after both morning services September 27th and October 4th.
- Women’s Fall Kickoff. This is a great time of fellowship where the Women’s Board discusses the plans for women’s events for the upcoming year, and gives attendees an opportunity to determine where they have an interest and may best serve in the church. Anyone looking to be more involved in the ministry at Redeemer will want to attend this informative event.