The purpose of the Women’s Ministry is for every woman to know Christ personally and be committed to extending His Kingdom in her life, home, church, community and throughout the world. The framework of the Women’s Ministry provides an opportunity for each woman to discern and exercise her gifts and abilities to the glory of God in the total work and worship of the church. The goal is that this purpose will become a reality as women are given opportunities to respond to the Gospel and to pray, study the Scriptures, fellowship, and serve the Lord together. The Women’s Ministry recognizes that all ministries and activities of the church are under the authority and guidance of the session.
Our Redeemer Women’s Ministry encourages women to grow in Christ through the following ideas:
- Grounding our members in the faith by providing times for spiritual growth through a variety of venues.
- To help our ladies focus on growing together in our faith and becoming a stronger disciple of Christ.
- Encouraging regular times of fellowship with our sisters in Christ.
- Promoting unity and enriching the church’s ministry by serving others.
REDEEMER WOMEN’S EVENTS:
- Women’s Evening Fellowship. Once a month ladies' fellowship (dates and time announced in advance). Join us for a time of fellowship, and desserts as we meet monthly for our Women’s Evening Fellowship. If you are new to Redeemer this is a great way to get to know the women of Redeemer in a casual setting. Feel free to bring a dessert to share! Just come and enjoy the fun and be refreshed by the time of fellowship. If you have any questions contact Hoosfamily8@gmail.com.
- Women's Bible Study. Fall and Winter Bible Study is offered annually.
- 5 X 5 Interim Bible Study. Between our anchor Bible studies offered in Winter and Fall, we offer “interim studies” during the months of April-August. In order to better respond to the challenges that so often come with Spring and Summer, our Redeemer women have an opportunity to study at a different pace. Offered to smaller groups in individual homes (and through ZOOM in 2022), we meet once a month - FIVE times - over FIVE months. . . hence, the name, "5 X 5." Our focus is three-fold: Bible study, prayer, and building relationships.
What is the topic for the 5 X 5 Bible study in 2022?Actually, we offer two this year:"Brave by Faith in a Hostile World: Daniel 1-7, A Call to Honor the God of Daniel." Our study resources? The Holy Bible and our companion study book, Brave by Faith, by Alistair Begg."Old Testament Prayers." Our study resources? The Holy Bible and our companion study book, I Will Lift My Eyes Unto the Hills, by Walter Kaiser.When and where are these studies offered?Actually, we have five choices for "Brave by Faith" and two choices for the "Old Testament Prayers." These are offered on different days and times. . . and in different homes.Do I need to sign up to attend?Yes, please do so. You may email the study coordinator, Gaye Ledford, sign up in the Narthex before and after service on April 3.
How do I get more information, including the various sessions offered?Click HERE for more details.
- Winter Tea. A time of sweet fellowship for all ladies and daughters, granddaughters, etc. to share a cup of tea and some goodies!
- Women of Redeemer Fall Retreat. SAVE THE DATE! Fall Retreat will be here at Redeemer Friday, September 9th, and Saturday, September 10th.
- Women’s Fall Kickoff. This is a great time of fellowship where the Women’s Board discusses the plans for women’s events for the upcoming year, and gives attendees an opportunity to determine where they have an interest and may best serve in the church. Anyone looking to be more involved in the ministry at Redeemer will want to attend this informative event.