- Youth Growing Together -
On Sunday Mornings
Our students meet together for Sunday school from 9:00–10:00 a.m., and join the adults in corporate worship at 10:30 a.m.
March Sunday School:
Youth meet with the adults in the sanctuary for Outreach Month.
April–June Sunday School:
- 7-8th grade (Room 131): Foundations 1: Doctrinal Overview. This is a year-long study through the Westminster Shorter Catechism. Taught by Marcus and Ivy Minich.
- 9-10th grade (Library): Foundations 2: Means of Grace. Our spring quarter study is A Praying Life. Taught by Jensen and Lesley Hall.
- 11-12th grade (Room 117): Foundations 2: Apologetics and Critical Thinking. Taught by Nate and Christine Sung.
On Wednesday Nights
Redeemer Youth Group (RYG) welcomes *all* 7–12th graders to our weekly gathering at the church! We meet on Wednesday nights (7:00–8:30 p.m) in rooms 131/132 for an engaging time of biblical teaching, music, fun, food, fellowship, and a Gospel-centered discussion aimed at meeting students ‘where they are’ in life.
For the 2019–2020 school year, we are doing a year-long study through the book of Ecclesiastes, both as a group and in separate small groups (where our high school students lead the discussion).
As Servant Leaders
We want our youth to know that they shouldn't wait until they are adults to serve! They each have been given spiritual giftings and can use whatever God-given talents they have to bless, encourage, and edify the Body of Christ, right where they are. We strive to provide regular opportunities throughout the year to serve our church and those in our community as a group.
RYG schedules regular social outings in addition to our Sunday and Wednesday gatherings - and they have produced some great memories and formed stronger friendships! Some super fun social events we have conducted in the past are:
- Group Dynamix
- Scavenger Hunts
- Jr. High & Sr. High Girls Sleepovers
- Guys & Dads Super Bowl Party
- Frisco Roughriders Outing
- Broomball (with other PCA church youth groups)
Every fall, Redeemer Youth Group attends the North Texas Presbytery Youth Retreat (NTP). This three-day event is a *great* way for the youth of North Texas to connect as they are immersed in fellowship and a Gospel-centered environment for the entire weekend. It’s also a bucket load of fun (past years may or may not have included youth pastors revealing their secret identities as DC superheroes)!
RYG will be hosting our first ever Spring RYG Retreat at Jan-Kay Ranch on April 13-15, 2018! Our very own Pastor Jordan Stone will lead us in a study on prayer, which will be accompanied by an enriching time of fellowship, small group study, and worship. And, of course, lots of campfires and s'mores.
Additionally, high school students have the opportunity in July to attend the Youth eXcelling in Leadership (YXL) summer leadership camp in Horn Creek, CO, for a third time! For more information about YXL and why we keep going back: http://yxlhorncreek.org/
SO, NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE, HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Pray for, Encourage, and Talk with Your Students
Please join us in praying for your students as we join in ministry to help encourage, equip, and empower them to love and serve the Lord!
Support Our Ministry By
- Offering your home for an event
- Being a driver for an outing
- Leading a ministry event
- Providing food for a gathering
- Assisting in the planning of special events